SHOP ONLINE - SHOP SAFE
The team at Decorfaure wish to advise all concerned customers that it is completely safe to shop online and receive goods from overseas. The World Health Organisation has issued a statement to that effect:
Is it safe to receive a package from any area where COVID-19 has been reported?
Yes. The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, traveled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also really low.
With our business adapting to the challenges the current pandemic presents, our normal practice of delivery has been impacted.
What Is Happening
All international orders from our shop have been significantly impacted by COVID-19. We’ve experienced a surge in delayed deliveries. This is due to:
- The lack of air freight planes and passenger flights. Sometimes there is no movement once the package is brought to the airport because the orders are all in a queue and it can take a very long time to update them.
- Overload of postal services worldwide. With more people shopping online, more packages need to be manually processed which in turn overloaded postal services worldwide.
- Social distancing requirements. The amount of workers per shift has been reduced. Shift start times have been adjusted to avoid overlap as well.
- Hygiene and decontamination practices. Packages are sanitized before they are sent.
- Additional inspection and sanitation. Depending on where you live, your package may be subject to additional customs inspections and further sanitization.
To mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 delays, we have been:
- Operating our fulfillment center from 5 to seven days a week to send your orders.
- Processing replacement packages for orders with tracking numbers that have stalled.
- Training and improvement of our customer service
- Improvisation of new shipping methods
In addition, we have also hired additional customer support staff who are working remotely seven days a week to answer all your concerns via email.
Our Humble Request
- We humbly request for your patience at this time. There are many factors beyond our control and we are operating at a loss right now, but please rest assured that we are working hard towards fulfilling your order and ensuring your satisfaction.
- We understand delays are frustrating. We’re frustrated too and wish we could do more. However, we humbly request that you treat our customer support staff with courtesy and respect. Please rest assured that we are working tirelessly to sort and ship all orders and replacements.
- Please do not send emails twice, as the request will then automatically be put back in the queue. Our customer service will definitely process your email.
Many of our employees depend on their jobs and we are currently working at a loss in order to guarantee their jobs and to be able to place orders for our customers.
We ask for your understanding
There are delivery delays in our network due to:
-Reduction in air freight capacity and passenger flights (which also carry our parcels)
-A significant increase in parcels volumes, many which require manual sorting
-Hygiene and social distancing requirements in our network (such as social distancing through zoning, dedicated shift start times to reduce cross over of workers)
- Customs need to disinfect each package for your safety
Our tracking tool provides you with the most accurate guidance on estimated delivery dates and advises you of any delays while your parcel is in transit.
What are we doing differently to cope with the demand?
- Operating our processing and delivery services seven days a week for the last few weeks
-Hiring more casual staff to process orders
-Moving more parcels through road network (to accommodate domestic flight restrictions)
-Exploring all available transport alternatives and options
-In some cases, we're having to process and deliver from an alternate location and customers may notice when tracking their parcel, that it is coming from a different location to what they are used to
Our people continue to work tirelessly under difficult circumstances, so we’re asking everyone to be kind and treat our dedicated people with the courtesy and respect they deserve – whether it be in a call center, Post Office or dropping your delivery off. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We hope you will still shop with us and in return we promise to give you our 100% SUPPORT. If you have any queries, please contact us on email@example.com